Tuesday, September 29, 2009

OMG I Heart My Food Processor!

Mom and Dad gave me this AWESOME Cuisinart 11 Cup Food Processor for my birthday (all the way back in August)! I have used it for so so so much, I just love the heck out of it! The first thing I did with it was to make home-made cat food for my high-maintenance allergic cat (lamb and peas, he eats better than I do!).




One of the super-cool things about this machine is all the attachments that come with it. It has a thick slicer, a thin slicer, a grater, and I also bought a french-fry cutter! I used the thin slicer to make these baked potato slices.


I used the thick slicer to easily cut up apples for this home-made apple pie, and the regular blade to make the pie crust.


I used the grater to grate my own Parmesan cheese, as well as to grate up some zucchini and potatoes for these Zucchini, Potato, and Scallion Pancakes from REC(ession)IPES:


I have also used the thin slicer to cut up different types of apples so that I could bake them in the oven to make apple chips, so yum! (Sprinkled with cinnamon-sugar, obviously.)


I have also made White-Chocolate Sour Cherry Scones (recipe courtesy of David Lebovitz), roasted red pepper hummus, pizza dough, zucchini slices for home-made pizza, imitation Coconut-Cream Pie Lara bars, and thin oven-baked french fries! The possibilities are endless, I use my new favorite kitchen tool at least once a week! Thanks Mom and Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment