Friday, August 6, 2010

Vegan Apricot Tart

Since it's the season when we are lucky enough to experience an abundance of juicy summer fruits, I have been looking for ways to turn healthy snacks into guilty pleasures.  Orangette has this perfectly simple recipe for an Apricot Tart, with no icky gelatin glaze or any unnecessary froofs or frills; just pure, pristine, TART fruit.

Wow, that was yummy

So, obviously, I added a couple of raspberries in the mix as well.  This was such a perfect recipe, you could probably throw in whatever fruit you have lying around.  Seriously, I almost ate the entire thing.  Since I wanted to share some with my Vegan Dad, I went ahead and used Earth Balance fake butter in the crust instead of real butter.

This recipe was super-easy to follow, and I was totally psyched that everything came out as it should.  Let me tell you, this sure smelled heavenly in the oven!  The raspberries gave it an extra tart bite, which, loving sour as I do, I thought was divine. 

Another five star recipe, most definitely a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment