Monday, March 1, 2010

Deeeelicious Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes

Well hello again! I am back, so sorry for the long delay! It has taken me two whole months to recover from the festivities of Christmas. I have been busy playing with all of my toys! Among other amazing and generous gifts, the BF presented me with an awesome Kindle for Christmas, and I have just become so addicted to the thing. Highly recommended! He also gave me this:




Wilton's 28-piece decorating tip set! Wooohoo! Bring on the cakes! Now all that is left is to learn how to use them properly! I have some decorating books on the Kindle that I will be perusing in the future, and plan on eventually taking a class at a craft store for some hands-on action. In the mean time, I decided to play around with them with this Vegan Chocolate Cupcake recipe from Chow. All of the raving comments are spot-on; this recipe was delish, so much so that I had to make a second batch! I didn't have any cider vinegar, so I just used regular, and I also substituted 1/3 C of organic apricot apple sauce for the canola oil. To top the cupcakes, I used the Vegan Fluffy Buttercream Frosting recipe given with the cupcake recipe. I wanted to see what each of my new tips would do, so I used them all (albeit probably improperly)!


Yum! A great recipe to share with your vegan loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment