Monday, October 24, 2011

Chocolate Strawberry Shots

Holy moley, when I saw these Chocolate Covered Strawberry Shot Glasses from Sweet Tooth, I gasped with delight.  What could be more awesome than dessert mixed with cocktails?!? 



Core your strawberries and dip them in chocolate.


I wanted to bring these to a family event, so I needed to make some that were kid-friendly.  To do that, I decided just to fill some of the strawberries with chocolate pudding.  Yuuuummmmm.


Blurry

For the actual shots, I had to make sure I got the ratio just right, so the night before the event, I had to do a practice run with various alcohols.  For research.  I tried various combinations of Godiva's Chocolate Liqueur, Malibu Coconut Rum, Hershey's Chocolate Syrup, and Amaretto.  Before any of this could get me too tipsy, it just made me ill to eat and drink so much sweet stuff.  In the end, I settled on this combination, and I made a jug of it to take to the event:

-1/8 Cup Hershey's Chocolate Syrup
-1/4 Cup Godiva's Chocolate Liqueur
-1/2 Cup Soy Milk
-1/8 Cup Amaretto


I poured the liqueur mixture into the strawberry, then topped it with whipped cream.


Then I popped the whole thing in my mouth, and it was delicious!  Then I did that about 12 times more the next day, and never wanted to see a chocolate-covered strawberry ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment